Thursday, August 11, 2011

What I Wore Today

I don't usually do posts like this, but I was feeling adventurous and thought to myself, "Why not?"



 TOP - Cotton On (originally $14.95, but I got it on sale for $5!)
SHORTS - Charlotte Russe
TIGHTS - Target
SHOES (not pictured) - Charlotte Russe
RING - Charlotte Russe
LIPSTICK - Big Apple Red by Maybelline
MASCARA - A sample of something by Clarins.

I just got a fancy schmancy new laptop WITH A WEBCAM so expect lots of junk like this, but as per the whole theme of this blog, I'll try to stick to beauty. Who knows, maybe I'll even do a makeup tutorial! Wouldn't that just be the bomb? Anyway, back to my original intent:

Today I had to run to the mall (aka, buy my sister a backpack) and it was raining. I work at the mall so I'm at the point where I don't want to spend lots of time doing my hair and makeup and put all my effort into an outfit, so I tried to keep it as effortless as possible. When getting dressed, I always consider the weather. Who doesn't? It was raining pretty flippin' hard, so I opted for shorts and tights. I don't care what anyone says, there is nothing worse than wet skin. Laugh all you want at that. I was going to wear a heavy sweater I just purchased from Express, but that felt wrong because the heat index was 103 F, despite the torrential downpour. This is one of my favorite tops ever and even though it shrunk a little in the wash (and I immediately broke out in hives at the thought of not being able to tuck my shirt in), I still love it. I kept accessories very simple, with a cute owl ring I got at Charlotte Russe. You can't see them in the pictures, but I'm wearing a pair of red flats from Charlotte Russe.

When it came to hair and makeup, I kept it super-duper simple. I didn't put any product in my hair; instead I just tousled it with my hand while I dried it. I blow dry my bangs with a barrel brush, so I twisted my hair back in a bun and left it there for about twenty minutes. Even though it was raining, I applied a tinted moisturizer (Clinique has a really good one) with SPF 25 and just lightly penciled my eyebrows over with a dark brown eyeliner. A couple swipes per eye with Clarins mascara (I'm between mascaras right now) on the top and bottom lash, applied some Burts Bees before my lipstick, and voila! I'm ready for the day.

In the meantime, if you read this blog, what would you like to see more of? I'd like to do some DIY beauty things, tutorial videos, etc, but I need suggestions! Leave your ideas in the comments.

xo Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment