Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Betsy on a Budget

You will quickly learn, dear readers, of my obsession with all things Betsy Johnson. No one does it quite like her. I love the colors and the prints and the random bits of fun she throws into her work. It's by far my favorite, and I spend ridiculous amounts of time lusting after things that pass across my computer screen via this lovely site. I mean really, look at some of this stuff.


Be still my heart. Where was this black feather-y masterpiece when i was searching high and low for a prom dress a few months ago? And really, my life will not be complete without this mermaid necklace. 
Betsy jewelry, luckily, is often easy to come by.  Check the jewelry counters at your local department stores (JC Penny, Dillards, Belk), or, on occasion, you can score some simpler pieces for ridiculous prices at T.J.Maxx.  
For everything else, however, I am simply out of luck. I find Betsy shoes often, but the reality of the situation is that I drive a pickup truck that gets approximately 8mpg's, and simply can not justify spending that much on shoes. As much as it pains me. Therefore, to satisfy my cravings for excessive uses of glitter, patterns, and tulle, I've learned a few tricks of the trade. Observe.

Denim romper: $278.00 by Betsy
or
Chambray Romper: $22.80 @ F21
Denim Romper: $17.99 @ Macy's




Lizzie Combat Boot w/Heel: $149.95 @ Betsy
Tinaaa Suede Bootie $119.95 @ Betsy
or


Lace-up Buckle Wedge Bootie: $45.50 @ Charlotte Russe
Faux Suede Cage Heel: $25.00 @ Charlotte Russe



Thorn Sleeveless Dress: $418.00 @ Betsy
or

Tuxedo Corset Top: $19.99 @ Charlotte Russe 
Tulle Mini (available in black): thrifted


Some things just can't be duplicated, but when it comes to interpreting Betsy style into your everyday wardrobe, all it takes is a taste for adventure. And maybe a bedazzler and some hot glue would be helpful as well.


XO, K

No comments:

Post a Comment