Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Greetings, readers-of-this-blog!

Andie here.

It's 3 in the afternoon, a good thirteen hours after Katelyn made the first post. I suppose this just goes to show that we are becoming nocturnal - after all, everyone knows that nothing really happens until the sun goes down.

My apologies; I didn't start this post to tell you about my affiliation with the vampire community.

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, I'm the "beauty" aspect of this blog. I'll be telling you where to spend your money, what to spend it on, and giving you tutorials and DIY tips so you can finally learn how to hold that eyeliner pencil.

Beauty and I go way back, starting at the ripe old age of five, when I, as a precocious child, used to sneak into my mom's bathroom and smear her lipsticks all over my face. No, my life was not a Lady Gaga song ("she'd hold my hand, put my lipstick on / in the glass of her boudoir"), but standing in the mirror with a Joker-red grin on my face, I knew from then on that I loved makeup. Admittedly, I did have my awkward phases in middle school, where I wore eyeliner only on the bottom of my eyes (GASP!), no mascara, and caked up my eyes with a shade of eyeshadow Clinique dubbed "Disco Pink." Since then, I have evolved from heavy-eyeliner-wearing, MCR-listening scene kid fan to the cats-eye-wearing, Sephora-shopping, red-lipstick-purchasing young adult that I am today. So, if you've ever wanted to know how to make real lashes look fake, which moisturizer won't clog your pores, or which lipsticks make your teeth look whiter, look no farther: I'm your gal.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment