Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Katelyn's makeup bag (bonus material)

Lord knows I am NOT an expert on makeup. My theory on eyeliner is, if i can't apply it in 20 seconds at a stop light while rushing to class/work/date night/etc., then it's not worth my time. So don't get used to makeup tips coming from my direction too often. However, I feel like a look inside a girl's makeup bag is the equivalent of looking in a guy's wallet (seriously, how long has he had that condom in there, just in case?), and so, in an attempt to give you some insight on myself, I present to you Katelyn's Makeup Bag (dum dum dummmmm)!

 


 

 
 
1. Cherry Chapstick: Channeling my inner Katy Perry, I am addicted to this stuff. I bite my lips when I get nervous, so chap stick is really necessary, especially in the winter when the wind off the gulf is brutal.  I also like one with SPF protection, because, being a Floridian, sunscreen courses through my veins. I need it, the same way I need espresso or queso dip.
2. Maybelline ColorDuo in Amethyst/Linen: I have boring, darkkkk brown eyes, but ever since I started using this shadow, people tell me all the time  that I have pretty eyes. Idk why, but I'm not one to argue with a compliment from cute gingers who come into CVS (my place of employment.) I love the purple/brown/gold tint on my lids, darker in the creases, and then I just swipe a little of the Linen color under my brows and in the corners of my eyes, near the tearducts. Instant light for my dark eyes.
3. Hand Sanitizing Spray Pen: I have developed germophobic tendencies from having to count money all day. Money is gross. So I keep one of these on my at all times, preferably one with aloe or coco butter to keep my hands from drying out from all that alcohol. Plus, really good for getting the eyeliner and mascara off my fingertips when I smudge it.
4. Maybelline LashBlast Waterproof Mascara: Obviously I am a Maybelline girl. Maybe I was born with it. (See what I did there? hehehe.) Waterproof is necessary because my contacts act out on a regular basis and try to take a suicide leap out of my eyes. Thanks, Maybelline, because at least my lashes still look good when my eyes are bright red from allergies!
5. NYC Unstoppable Eyeliner: I buy this because it's cheap, goes on smooth, and is easy to get rid of  if when I make a mistake trying to make those perfect little wing tips at the corners of my eyes.
6. Revlon Lipstick: I own eight billion shades of lipstick, but Revlon continues to make my favorites. Not sticky, long-lasting color that doesn't crack or get on my teeth. I dunno what they use to perform this magic, but I suspect dark forces. Not that I care. I just need lipstick. In Peach. And Bubblegum. And Berry Mauve....
7. Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse: I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever  ever ever ever  ever ever ever use another foundation after this. It's great for my sometimes oily skin, light weight so I don't feel like I'm wearing cake on my face, and keeps me from looking shiny/spotty. It's like an airbrush. And easy to apply, it doesn't require any special brushes or sponges. I just use my fingers. AND it doesn't cover up my freckles like liquid foundation often does.
8. Revlon Lip Stain (Just Bitten): Vampire jokes aside, lipstains are genius. Seriously. They're especially good for daytime, because you can go out with a little color on your face but without the seriousness of lipstick. Reminds me of when I was little and would use Cherry Popsicles as lipstick on a hot summer day.
9. Maybelline Pure Blush Minerals: Just the slightest bit of color in my cheeks is all I really need, and this one is light and airy. A little messy though, but the color is perfect.
10. Tweezers, preferably pink ones: I inherited my dad's dark skin and his eyebrows, the latter of which used to be the bain of my existence. Lately I've learned how to avoid overplucking, so I don;t look surprised all the time. These are just for touchups, though. I'd rather just wax them and get the pain over with quickly. Plucking is the beauty equivalent of Chinese Water Torture.

XO, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment