Tuesday, July 19, 2011

When in doubt, wear a man tank.

I'm a little obsessed with menswear, and nothing, I repeat NOTHING is as comfortable as a man tank. Sure, they look kinds stupid on most guys, but A and I like to buy them in bulk at Cotton On (another obsession, affordable and classy), shrink them in the wash, and wear them as beach cover ups, pajamas, and errand- running-rocker-grunge-wear (me) or tucked into a black skirt and looking shockingly classy (A). Here, a piece-by-piece breakdown. A adds:
A flirty girly skirt and classic black flats keep everything clean and uniform, while pretty gold accents add a suitable amount of sparkle. The result is feminine and pretty, with just a little bit of edge, great for a lunch date or thrifting trip.

adds:




Cut offs and combat boots are rough-and-tumble, but the pretty patterned hair wrap and cat's eye glasses add a tough of girly charm to the otherwise edgy look. Fun and comfortable, this combo is perfect for a music festival or outdoor adventure.
It's too hot out for sleeves, and anything made of cotton is a win in my book. Go ahead, buy one. Heck, buy five! Mine cost me $4.00 each, so I went a little insane. Or, if necessary, raid the closet of your boyfriend/brother/neighbor/cousin. My "baby" brother is 5'9" and his closet is often a source of great finds.
Keep cool, lovers.
XO, Kat.


No comments:

Post a Comment